You have to do the hard things.
“I have to” is a far reach from “I want to”. Life is hard, failure is easy. If you want success it will take a little work. If you want peace in your life it will take even more work. Here’s a short list of things in life that are hard but necessary to the accomplishment of your goals and dreams. You will not find inspiration here, but I hope you find some motivation.
You will, as I do, try to ignore the points that appear to be the hardest. Those you choose to ignore are probably the ones you should attack most adamantly. Have fun, train hard.
- You have to make the call you’re afraid to make.
- You have to get up earlier than you want to get up.
- You have to give more than you get in return.
- You have to care more about others than they care about you.
- You have to fight when you are already injured, bloody, and sore.
- You have to feel unsure and insecure when playing even if safe seems smarter.
- You have to lead when no one else is following you yet.
- You have to invest in yourself even though no one else is.
- You have to look like a fool while you’re looking for answers you don’t have.
- You have to grind out the details when it’s easier to shrug them off.
- You have to deliver results when making excuses is an option.
- You have to search for your own explanations even when you’re told to accept the “facts.”
- You have to make mistakes and look like an idiot.
- You have to try and fail and try again.
- You have to run faster even though you’re out of breath.
- You have to be kind to people who have been cruel to you.
- You have to meet deadlines that are unreasonable and deliver results that are unparalleled.
- You have to be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong.
- You have to keep moving towards where you want to be no matter what’s in front of you.